Winter Vegetable Medley Soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large leeks, white and light green parts only, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 swede, peeled and diced
- 4 large stalks celery, diced (about 2 cups) save and mince the leaves for garnish!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon corn-starch
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Cream or Greek yoghurt, to serve
Melt the butter in a large pot with a lid. Add the leeks, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the potatoes, turnip and swede, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup of the chicken stock and the corn-starch together until smooth. Add to the soup along with the remaining 3 cups stock and miso paste.
Bring to a simmer, partially cover the pot, and cook until the potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Puree the soup with an immersion blender. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
Garnish with fresh parsley, celery leaves and a splash of cream/yoghurt.