Parmesan Garlic Broccoli FrittersBack
Parmesan Garlic Broccoli Fritters
Irresistible little bites that the kids will gobble up! Perfect size for the lunchbox and you’ll be surprised how much broccoli there is in them.
Time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 fritters
- 6 cups broccoli florets and stem, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Steam or boil the broccoli until quite tender (but not mushy). Alternatively add to your microwave using a steamer, 3 minutes on high.
- Use a potato masher to roughly “squish” the broccoli. Not to look like mashed potato, but just to squish it a bit so when cooked it can be flattened with a spatula to make fritters with a smooth surface rather than having big lumps sticking out.
- Place egg in a bowl and use a fork to lightly beat the egg. Add the garlic, plain flour, parmesan, milk, salt and pepper and mix until combined. The Batter may seem a little thick but it will loosen up when you add the broccoli because when you squish it, it will release some liquid.
- Add the broccoli and mix to evenly disperse throughout the Batter.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of Batter and drop into the pan and use a spoon to gently flatten to about 1cm/1/3″ thickness. Cook 3 fritters at a time.
- Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining Batter.
Recipe by Recipe Tin Eats