Nectarine, Watermelon and Feta Salad with CucumberBack
Nectarine, Watermelon and Feta Salad with Cucumber
A delicious vibrant salad with watermelon, feta, nectarines, cucumbers, mint, basil, and an easy lemon dressing. Refreshing and delicious for Summer!
- 1.5kg watermelon
- 3 to 4 medium nectarines
- 6 Lebanese cucumbers
- small bundle of fresh mint
- small bundle of fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups cubed feta cheese
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup The Good Grocer Collection olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp The Good Grocer Collection honey
- ground black pepper & salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds, optional
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Slice and cube each nectarine into bite sized pieces. Thinly slice or cube the cucumber, and cube the feta.
- Remove the mint leave and basil leaves from the stems, and stack the herbs, then use a sharp knife to chop them into strips.
- Assemble the salad in layers. Begin with a layer of cubed watermelon, add the cubed nectarine and cucumber next, followed by the feta and a sprinkling of the chopped herbs.
- Repeat this process again, garnishing the salad with more herbs on top.
- Zest the lemon and add the zest to a large measuring cup or bowl. Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the cup, add in the olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and poppy seeds.
- Whisky everything together and pour over your prepared salad with when ready to serve.
- Once you’ve dressed the salad, eat within an hour, otherwise the juices from the melon will start to accumulate.
- If you want to make this salad ahead of time, simply keep the salad dressing on the side and add it when you’re ready to serve. Keep the salad refrigerated.
Recipe by Tatyanas Everyday Food