Pork Sausage and Apple Bake (GF)
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook time: 35 mins
2 red onions
12 pork sausages/chipolatas
2 tbsp The Good Grocer Collection honey
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Peel the onions, cut into quarters and quickly break apart into petals directly into the pan, tossing regularly, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Quarter and core the apples, then toss into the pan.
- Use a peeler to peel the parsnips into long strips.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar into the frying pan, then pile the parsnip strips on top of the apples and onions.
- Lay the sausages on top, then drizzle with olive oil and season with more black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then drizzle over the honey and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until golden.
Rotate halfway to ensure entire bake is golden, parsnip can be swapped with other shaved/peeled root vegetables
- Contains meat products